Drawer Magnets consists of a row, or most commonly, rows of round magnetic tubes that are assembled into drawers. Drawer Magnets are recommended for fine cohesive materials such as magnesium oxide, zircon powder, fly ash, aluminum, gypsum, lime, powdered sugar, cornstarch, flour & pulverized minerals and ceramics.
This type of ferrous metal removal unit can be fitted simply in existing pipe line or outlet of various s like pulverizes blenders, & classifier or any other outlet location. In standard type each unit comprises to permanent magnetic grids mounted one above the other. System with multiple grids is available for special application. The grids are easily removable for cleaning. The drawer is fitted with flanges at outlet. As standard the magnetic rods consisting hard Ferrite Ceramic Magnets or high intensity rare earth magnet is fitted in a sturdy steel housing. Model with stainless steel grids and housing can be supplied if required.
Based on the sizes, configurations and the working capacities, drawer magnetic separators are classified as:
Heavy duty drawer are useful for optimum magnetic separation in tough processing conditions like ambient temperature and humidity, bridging, abrasion, corrosion or galling. There are special coating on the drawer's tubes that prevents sticking problems associated with certain products and processing conditions. Due to this the cleaning operations becomes even easier. The cleaning can be accomplished both manually and automatically.
In larger drawer magnets Rare Earth Magnetic tubes are incorporated for optimum ferrous metal separation on difficult flowing products such as flour, powdered sugar and other products with a tendency to bridge. The placement of larger tubes below steep angled diverters that prevent product from bridging or building up on the tubes. Since the spacing between the tubes is larger it allows the product to flow freely through the housing.
For low levels of tramp metal contamination, manual clean drawer magnets are ideal. The Magnetic tubes are located on the alternating centers of the tubes. The trapped materials can be removed with the help of shop rag or gloved hand.
In difficult locations Self-cleaning Magnetic Drawer is considered as suitable. Through the toggle switch the operator can easily clean the assembly from a remote location.
Following are the features of the drawer magnets:
- The drawer magnets can be fitted simply in existing pipe line or outlet of various s like pulverizers, blenders etc.
- Generally each unit comprises of permanent magnetic grids mounted one above the other.
- For special applications there are systems with multiple grids.
- The grids are easily removable for cleaning.
- Normally the ferrite or rare earth and NdFeB magnets are used in the drawer magnets.
- TCertain types of drawer magnets handle a wide range of separation tasks in gravity conveying systems
- Mining Industries
- Pharmaceuticals Industries
- Food processing Industries
- Industries dealing with powdery substance
- Cement, gypsum and other types of small scale industries.